What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why Hyper-V autodiscovery does not find all Virtual Machines on host?

Votes:

Hyper-v host set on (periodic) autodiscovery seems to be able to find only one Virtual Machine on the Hyper-V host. Is this by design and is this autodiscovery process described somewhere in detail?

auto-discovery hyper-v virtual-machine virtual-servers

Created on Jul 22, 2010 10:04:38 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

can you manually add the VM sensors to the device?

Created on Aug 1, 2010 2:38:46 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Yes I can. The question remains that how PRTG is supposed to work in this case, like enumerating all virtual machines or not. Logical approach here would be:

1. Enumerate all virtual machines based on autodiscovery schedule, if set. 2. Mark deleted virtual machines if removed

br, olli jokinen

Created on Aug 1, 2010 6:48:06 PM

Votes:

[I think I answered this already but cannot find it anywhere...]

Hello,

Yes I can add machines manually and the statuses of the machines are updated correctly. Should I expect these to be added automatically or not?

br, Olli Jokinen

Created on Aug 4, 2010 5:38:13 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.