What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to get SMS alerts to send out via Bulk SMS

Votes:

I've gone in to Notification Delivery and selected usa.bulksms.com in the predefined list and entered my account info below with username and password and account ID. I've then in the Notifications section clicked on my object and made the Send to Number field my group ID on Bulk SMS. After all of this i still get an error in the Logs saying

"Error sending "SMS": Number=241508, Message=Password is wrong."

I've also tried the custom URL that some articles mention substituting the ** for the actual username and password and but still have had no luck.

Any one able to help me out with this or point me to a step by step tutorial. I'm at a complete loss right now.

Cheers!

alerts bulksms notifications sms

Created on Aug 18, 2016 9:43:43 PM

Last change on May 13, 2020 12:46:02 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Does the password maybe contain white spaces and/or special characters? If so, try changing the password first so that it only contains regular characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and no white spaces.

Created on Aug 22, 2016 1:08:27 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

I have changed the password to normal letters and numbers. Still no luck.

Created on Aug 22, 2016 4:21:31 PM

Votes:

Password only contains numbers and letters. I've verified it's correct by logging in to bulk SMS.

Here are my settings.

Notification Delivery:

• SMS Delivery* Service Provider: usa.bulksms.com (Port 5567) User: <BulkSMS Username> Password: <BulkSMS Password> API ID / Account: <BulkSMS User ID>

Notifications:

• Object* -Send SMS/Pager Message is selected Send to Number: <BulkSMS Group ID> Message: *

Whenever I go to send a test from this object, the email address I have set up on this object sends out just fine but then when it tries to send the text I get the weird "Error sending "SMS": Number=241508, Message=Password is wrong." Message.

Created on Aug 22, 2016 4:32:54 PM

Votes:

Are you using the bulksms account id in the user field? Please try it with the account name

Created on Aug 23, 2016 8:42:23 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

I've tried with the Username I log in to BulkSMS with and the account ID. No luck with either of them.

Keep getting the same frustrating vanilla error message of Error sending "SMS": Number=241508, Message=Password is wrong.

That number is my group ID in Bulk SMS which contains 3 cell numbers.

Created on Aug 29, 2016 8:05:15 PM

Votes:

Please double check that you are using the correct bulksms provider. Please make sure outgoing connections are allowed on port 5567.

Created on Sep 5, 2016 7:49:48 AM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.