What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

cisco wireless controller ap client monitoring

Votes:

Dear all,

I would like to monitor a list of client that connected to my cisco wireless at the given time.

so far i have managed to monitor the number of AP/ client

i would like to know who exactly is the client that connected, thier IP, MAC, ap connected to etc.

i would like to know what is the OID to use and which snmp sensor to use ?

any advice and pointer is extremely appreciated.

cisco client-list oid snmp wireless

Created on Aug 19, 2016 2:30:17 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

For information about which OIDs to query it would be best to contact the vendor first which OIDs this specific device provides for this task. It then depends which data can be retrieved. Usually SNMP sensors require numeric values in order to display them in channels. Now when getting IPs/MACs back this will not work, so you might need an SNMP Custom String Sensor to display this information in the sensor's message field. It then also depends on whether there's a single OID that reports all currently connected clients or if this information is provided "dynamically", e.g. a dynamic OID will be generated for every IP. In this case there's no way to handle this properly I'm afraid with a standard sensor.

Kind regards.

Created on Aug 22, 2016 12:19:30 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.