What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What does the '+' sign signify after the core version number?

Votes:

In Enterprise Console where it lists the Server Connections there is a column showing the Core Version. One of my Core Versions has a '+' sign after the Core Version Number. I don't remember doing anything different when loading PRTG onto this server than from the server which has the same version number but with no '+' sign.

Anyone know what the '+' sign means / indicates?

Apologies if this is already documented but I have not been able to find anything when searching.

console plus version

Created on Aug 20, 2016 9:34:39 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Ian,

The "+" indicates that the core server is running in x64 bit mode. PRTG will be automatically installed in 64 bit mode if the underlying Windows machine has got at least 6 GB of memory evailable.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 22, 2016 8:58:07 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 22, 2016 8:58:59 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Makes a lot of sense. I'm running one instance on a 64bit OS with only 6GB RAM and that instance does not show a '+' sign which caused the confusion.

Many Thanks for clearing that up Felix

Created on Aug 22, 2016 10:07:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.