What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Text Output with New Line

Votes:

Hello,

is it possible to add a new Line to the result Text of the Sensor? I tried <br> \n etc. but nothing works.

Thanks.

new-line sensor text

Created on Aug 29, 2016 11:54:12 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear DanielK

The status message cannot have a line break. Neither 0x0D 0x0A works, nor <br>. Line breaks in the sensor message would have implications for the PRTG user interface, and for PRTG notifications. We don't plan to allow line breaks in the future, I am sorry.

Created on Aug 30, 2016 12:05:15 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can work with table? insert <tr> <td> ?

Created on Nov 27, 2017 1:59:26 PM

Votes:

Dear vogs7,

HTML or other means of formatting are not supported either. The status message is an unformatted string up to 2000 characters long.

Created on Nov 27, 2017 2:18:14 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

is this information still up to date? I have created a sensor where this would be very convenient.

Created on Aug 17, 2018 7:41:42 AM

Votes:

Dear Jacqueline,

there are no plans to change it. The interface is designed to have a status message of just one sentence. The status message should summarize the sensor status, with the actual information presented by the gauges on the sensor overview tab.

Created on Aug 17, 2018 1:31:53 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Arne,

thanks for the update and explanation :). Like i said it would be convenient for the readability in some cases, but it is not necessary.

Created on Aug 20, 2018 10:18:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.