What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connecting to Sysbase ASE DB

Votes:

Hi. I'm trying to connect in my PRTG server to monitoring ASE Database but, I'm not finding a default connection to this database on creation of the Sensor like "Oracle SQL v2" and etc. Is there a way to do it? If don't, any prediction?

ase prtg sysbase

Created on Aug 30, 2016 3:22:58 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It looks as if a semi-colon after the provider is missing in the connection string:

Provider=ASEOLEDB; Data Source=<IP>\ECD;Port=4901;Catalog=saptools;User id=sapsa;Password=<PASS>;EncryptPassword=1;

Created on Sep 1, 2016 12:38:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid there is no native ASE DB Sensor, nor are there plans for it. You can try to monitor your DB though using the generic ADO SQL Sensor, once you've created an according connection between DB & PRTG Host.

best regards.

Created on Aug 31, 2016 11:26:53 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I did try with ADO SQL Sensor, but I'm getting error "Can not log in using the specified credentials!". I'm sure that my Windows and Database credentials are correct.

My string connection is (according to this site "http://www.connectionstrings.com/sybase-adaptive/"):

Provider=ASEOLEDB Data Source=<IP>\ECD;Port=4901;Catalog=saptools;User id=sapsa;Password=<PASS>;EncryptPassword=1;

Do you have some example of it? Or any suggestion?

Created on Aug 31, 2016 12:29:57 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It looks as if a semi-colon after the provider is missing in the connection string:

Provider=ASEOLEDB; Data Source=<IP>\ECD;Port=4901;Catalog=saptools;User id=sapsa;Password=<PASS>;EncryptPassword=1;

Created on Sep 1, 2016 12:38:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.