What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow not showing Results or graphs

Votes:

Hi, I configured a sensor that gets the netflow (9x custom) information from our CISCO ASA. It stops recording information on the table and it doesn't show graphs. I've tried making the include rules very specific o without them getting the same result.

I even upgrade to the latest version.

Everything works fine with the other sensors (netflow and SNMP), I have the theory that the buffer is getting full, but I'm not sure if I can make it bigger o what should I do to fix it.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Conesh

PS. If you need any additional information please let me know.

ciscoasa graphs netflow-v9

Created on Aug 31, 2016 6:34:41 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Conesh,

How does the sensor look like? Is it green or does it stay grey? Green would mean that the sensor is working in terms of it receives NetFlow data but that there's no traffic that matches your include filters. Grey would mean the sensor receives no flow data.

You can verify whether NetFlow packets are coming in with our NetFlow Tester. When using NetFlow Tester, pause the NetFlow sensors, otherwise the port is held by PRTG for receiving flows.

In case the sensor is green, you can enable "Log stream data to disk" in the sensor's "Settings" tab. It will save flowdata to csv in C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\StreamLog on the probe that runs the sensor. There you can see what data reported with the flow packets.

You can also write us an email to [email protected], subject Case PAE751298 with further details like screenshots from the sensor's settings etc.

Kind regards.

Created on Sep 2, 2016 10:30:56 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks I will continue this topic by email, I couldn't download the Netflow Tester.

Created on Sep 12, 2016 10:05:53 PM

Votes:

Use this link instead for downloading NetFlow Tester. When writing us to [email protected], please use Case PAE756543 in the subject of the email, so it stays connected to this thread and gets to me.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 13, 2016 7:42:26 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.