What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Test Results dont seem correct

Votes:

I made a tryout test with WebServer Stress Tool on the following website: http://www.astralwebinc.com

For testing this website results i followed this Youtube Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkSZrbi6aU

All the settings (Test type, Urls and Browser settings) are equal to the ones set up in the video above.

Still my test results seem a little unreal,

All of my 40 test users have 3 Hits, 3 Clicks and 1 Error ("Results per User (Complete Test)") making the "results per URL" with 100% error...

Also my graph for "click times and Error" (as in the video) is completly flat in the Average Request Time/Active users section..

Why does this happen? Is it a network problem? What could it be?

Please Help,

Thank you

graphs load ramp-test test url webserver-stress-tool website

Created on Sep 2, 2016 3:32:38 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I discovered the problem.

Since i was using a cable connection in my company's internal network, when i tried to simulate a number of users that would exceed the allowed number for the company's internal network the results would come wrong.

After i removed the cable connection, using Wi-Fi only, the results would become more reliable.

Thank you for the answer anyway,

Best Regards, André

Created on Sep 5, 2016 11:14:20 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello and thank you for your KB-post.

I'm afraid that the Webserver Stress Tool was last updated on Aug 2012 and is no longer supported nor maintained by Paessler (It was released as freeware in 2014). I'll leave your KB-post inquiry "open" as some other community user may be able to provide some input.

Best Regards,

Created on Sep 5, 2016 11:09:49 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I discovered the problem.

Since i was using a cable connection in my company's internal network, when i tried to simulate a number of users that would exceed the allowed number for the company's internal network the results would come wrong.

After i removed the cable connection, using Wi-Fi only, the results would become more reliable.

Thank you for the answer anyway,

Best Regards, André

Created on Sep 5, 2016 11:14:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.