What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dependency. Don't pause, just ignore/confirm downtime

Votes:

Hi,

i have a machine that sometimes have very high cpu usage. In that case the SNMP Sensors might or might not work. Best practice would be to make the SNMP sensors depend on the SNMP CPU Usage sensor to pause them in the event of a downtime.

But i would like to just auto-confirm or ignore downtimes/warnings and still receive monitoring data in the case if the sensor still works. Is that possible or planned?

confirmed dependency down

Created on Sep 5, 2016 9:02:45 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. For such cases we recommend to use the following workaround to automatically acknowledge the sensor: How to auto-acknowledge a down sensor in PRTG.

best regards.

Created on Sep 5, 2016 11:31:33 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the Workaround. It's an interesting use of the http notification. I'm thinking of creating a little webservice to check if the snmp cpu sensor is down and only then send an auto-acknowlage call back to a failed snmpd sensor.

Would be nice to have such functionality in prtg though :)

Created on Sep 5, 2016 12:25:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.