What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I need a sensor to monitor QOS through NAT to a server being another NAT

Votes:

The QOS sensor doesn't seem to work when the server and the destination are behind two different NATs. The ports get all messed up in translation.

delay jitter nat qos

Created on Sep 8, 2016 3:23:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Could you post a schematic of the network? Did you make sure that the ports are forwarded properly?

Created on Sep 9, 2016 2:12:56 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The post was actually so I could answer my own question. I created add on sensor and reflector to solve the issue. The problem with both sides being behind that NAT, without static outbound translations being configured the port traffic doesn't get back to where it is supposed to. The code is in c# and can be modified. It is an XML EXE Sensor.

The reflector will need to run on a system with the port forwarded to it. I have it running at my office and multiple clients use it to monitor their internet quality.

https://github.com/thomasmcneill/PRTG_UDP_QOS

Created on Sep 9, 2016 7:09:23 PM

Votes:

Oh well :D The question is a bit specific and might be hard to find, you may want to generalize it a bit :)

Created on Sep 12, 2016 5:17:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.