What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow to monitor each PC internet usage

Votes:

This is in my home, so think small and personal: using the free version of PRTG.

Since I have a monthly cap on my internet I want to monitor how much each machine is using. I have a PfSense sending netflow information.

This is basically what I see on a 24 hours filter sensor:

http://www.upl.co/uploads/tipico1473353285.png

The problem that I have, and cant figure out, seems to be some kind of filter.

As you can see the machine 192.168.2.114 used 1517M of data, due to Netflix. The next hi-use machine on my network this day was 192.168.2.125 with 370M. But since there was huge traffic from one specific host, Netflix in this example, it was listed in the middle.

What I want, if possible, is to list see internet usage of my network machines only. I dont need to see the remote server here. Is it possible?

monitor-internet-traffic netflow usage-graphs

Created on Sep 8, 2016 4:56:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

The simplest solution in this case would be to add a device in PRTG for each computer that you want to monitor and then to add SNMP Traffic sensor or Windows Network Card sensor to each device.

For further bandwidth monitoring options, please have a look at this article: How do I discern excessive bandwidth usage with PRTG?

Best regards

Created on Sep 9, 2016 11:53:48 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.