What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How would I remove the graph from the ping sensor on the map?

Votes:

I currently have a network topology on my dashboard (or map) and I just wanted to display the ping sensor to let me know if the device is up or not. I don't want to see red on my map unless the item is actually down and the graph that is attached to the ping sensor ends up covering other components on my map. Is there a way to remove the ping graph from the bottom?

dashboard graph map ping sensor

Created on Sep 14, 2016 2:14:14 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

You can use one of the "Status Icons" (in the menu on the right side of the Map Designer). For example, the icon "Name and Status (on White)" will give you only a sensor name and its status, without graphs.

Best regards

Created on Sep 15, 2016 11:14:14 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was hoping to use the pretty icons that were included so that at a glance without reading I can see that my router is down or my wireless bridge is down. I actually figured out how to remove it which I would have like a custom option but it works just as well. What I did:

• Navigated to the \webroot\mapicons\<Iconset you're using>
  • Opened the template.htm in edit mode
  • Commented the following line of code: <!--<#objectstatus skiptagfortype="group,device,probenode" name="minigraph" id="<@objectid>">-->
  • Saved file

It took me a little bit of trial and error but it did what I wanted

Created on Sep 15, 2016 12:27:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.