What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Request to activate PRTG on brand new PC

Votes:

After moving Network Monitor to another server I cannot activate my commercial licensed version on new PC. The messages are:

'Activation failed.'
'Activation: Check via activation1.paessler.com, result is \"License too old\'.

Both PCs have the same current Network Monitor version installed. Network Monitor is turned off on the old PC (Core Server and Probe Service). What can I solve the mentioned problem?

activation licence prtg

Created on Sep 15, 2016 10:06:10 AM

Last change on Sep 15, 2016 10:16:09 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, we appreciate your contact.

To prevent piracy and misuse we control how often and when a license is activated. The new activation has to be explicitly allowed on our side to be successful. As of now there's no customer-action that can reset the activation counter(something like a deactivation).

Please confirm the corporate domain name of the licence's holder or the two ending digit-blocks of the license key, this way I'll be able to look it up and allow the additional activation. PRTG has to be uninstalled from the old server as our licenses (except when otherwise noted) only allow a single core server (or two node cluster) to be licensed/running at any time.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Sep 15, 2016 10:19:23 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Sep 15, 2016 10:19:29 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.