What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Maximum values set in custom sensors

Votes:

Hi,

I'm using PRTG for monitor CPU usage in F5 devices. I am able to get the values in the PRTG. My question is how to configure the maximum possible value in the graph.

For example, if CPU usage is 3%, the gauge should show 3% out of 100%. But currently it is showing as 3% as the maximum.

graphs prtg snmp

Created on Sep 16, 2016 10:44:31 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Simply set the upper error limit to 101%:

<LimitMaxError>101</LimitMaxError>

Created on Sep 16, 2016 12:38:54 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No luck. after setting the upper limit values to 101%, the Gauge showing me the end 106%.

How this calclulation would be done? If i set for 95% upper error limit, the Guade showing 3% out of 100%. But i'm not sure what basis i need to put 95 as the upper error limit. Also for another device sensor, i need to put another value.

Created on Sep 16, 2016 1:00:04 PM

Votes:

Note that the upper error limit can only be set upon sensor creation, did you think of that? :)

Created on Sep 16, 2016 1:02:41 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 16, 2016 1:02:50 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using OIDLIB file to create the custom sensor. I didnt get any option to set the upper limit. After the sensor creation, I am able to modify the upper limit from the sensor settings and there im facing the problem.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Created on Sep 16, 2016 1:07:19 PM

Votes:

Sorry, I was wrong here - it won't work properly to set the scales of a gauge. It will always use the max value received as the end of the gauge.

Created on Sep 20, 2016 10:27:09 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.