What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windoes Update Status Timeout (PE018)

Votes:

I recently applied windows updates to my servers as well as the latest release of Network Monitor (16.3.25.6124).

Now my servers (Win 2012) servers are reporting down for my Windows Update Status. The sensor shows Timeout PE018. I've searched the knowledge base, and even followed the suggestion of adding the HTTP Activation service to the PRTG server.

Please advise how I can get this sensor working correctly for many of my servers.

pe018 timeout windows-update-sensor

Created on Sep 16, 2016 1:11:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

What interval are you using for the sensor? If it's anything below 24h, please set it to the same and see if it works out. If not, please execute the following command on the target host in an administrative PowerShell:

Measure-Command {$searcher = (New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.Session).CreateUpdateSearcher();$searcher.Search("Type='Software'").Updates | Sort-Object -Property Dates -Descending | ft -autosize IsInstalled, MsrcSeverity}

...and post the result.

Created on Sep 19, 2016 11:27:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.