What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error Can't connect client prtg after update

Votes:

Hi, i'm having the error: Not connected. Error in content when i triy to connect in client windows to the server, it only happens with my computer, i tried to access via https://nomeoftheserver and it works. i have tried to unistall the client severall times but still have the error, i don't know what to do, thanks.

connected error not

Created on Oct 6, 2016 2:46:46 PM

Last change on Oct 6, 2016 4:11:42 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello.

Within the Enterprise Console, edit your current Server Connection and make sure that the address and port match the current settings of the core server. It could be that the IP, DNS Name or Port is incorrect.

For further details:

Created on Oct 6, 2016 4:13:55 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Yes its correct, i have used the net ios name and the ip but won't function, if i used the browser i can open succefuly the console but with the client won't open

Created on Oct 6, 2016 7:20:45 PM

Votes:

Thank you for your reply.

Does the port used in the Enterprise Console also match the port used when you access it in a web-browser?

To further troubleshoot this we'll need to review the logs from your core server and the settings of the connection in the Enterprise Console Application. Please contact us via a private support ticket and we'll be able to assist further.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 7, 2016 9:31:23 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

yes its the same, i can make telnet nameofserver 443 and open from my machine, only the client can't connect

Created on Oct 7, 2016 10:57:40 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.