What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

dynamic map

Votes:

Hi every body, i make many maps in my prtg; however i would like to know how can i make my maps dynamic. for eple if i send the url of my map to somebody it would be able to navigate to the different section on my map. Best regards thank

map-objects maps prtg

Created on Oct 11, 2016 2:03:23 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean like certain "jump points" on the same map or links to other maps? As for the same map I'm afraid it's not possible to have marks that shift the view of the map to some other location on it.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 12, 2016 12:02:25 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Erhard Thank for your answer however i have another question. i'm using PRTG to monitor my network and devices. I want to know how can i redirect a device for an external web page browser. for exemple i have many devices; if One of my device has a problem i will able to click on the device and see the device location. I have an external url which show the location of my device. how can i integrate this url to my map or device Thks

Created on Oct 26, 2016 8:53:42 AM

Votes:

Have you tried setting geo map locations in "Settings" tab of your devices to make use of that?

See also: PRTG MANUAL: GEO MAPS

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 26, 2016 8:31:03 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.