What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System Error. Code: 87. The parameter is incorrect

Votes:

Hi, I am trying to clone the windows api sensor and get system error 87 (The parameter is incorrect). This happens at the time of start-up sensor. This sensor is working on identical server (this is a cluster of two nodes). i have no idea what i have to do .....

api comma error- sensor wmi

Created on Oct 14, 2016 2:58:50 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Further things you can try:

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 17, 2016 3:56:16 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Are you using the Eventlog API Sensor here? Does it work when adding the sensor manually instead of cloning it?

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 17, 2016 2:04:07 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, i am using the Eventlog API Sensor. No it does not. I have the same result if i configure sensor manually.

Created on Oct 17, 2016 2:12:55 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Further things you can try:

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 17, 2016 3:56:16 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Erhard! Your advice was helpful. The creation of the WMI Eventlog Sensor has helped me.

Created on Oct 19, 2016 11:22:10 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.