What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I generate a report only with peaks of WAN bandwith sensors? Algo a report with moments of WAN d

Votes:

I need to generate two differets reports including WAN bandwith sensors: one thats shows me ONLY the moments of sustained peak bandwith. And the second one including ONLY downtime moments.

Could I generate those tipes of automatic reporting or must I gather it from historic data and then work it with Excel?

Best regards Luis

downtime peaks reports

Created on Oct 17, 2016 2:09:27 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Luis,

Actually it is not possible to generate such types of reports. As you already proposed, you have to gather it from the historic data and work with e.g. Excel afterwards.

Kind Regards, Sven

Created on Oct 17, 2016 2:06:53 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

I agree with Sven on this - Excel is the best.

You can (and maybe this is not the best idea) That you setup another bandwidth sensor and set its error limit to 90% of the bandwidth. Of course this will show all spikes, and not just sustained high usage. To counteract this set the scan interval to 5 minutes

Overlay the above with the downtime of the original sensor using the factory sensor and you might have something.

Created on Oct 18, 2016 10:56:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.