What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to remove Notification Tab for certain users

Votes:

Hi, I would like to remove the Notification tab to users who does not require to have access to the tab. When the user log on to the Web ajax, he/she does not need to see the Notification tab.

Thanks

access-rights notification tab

Created on Oct 17, 2016 8:02:05 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Setting the user permissions to read-only on the corresponding objects via its settings should do that :)

Created on Oct 17, 2016 8:07:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. I have already set "Access Rights" for the user group on the root object to "Read" and then have all the sub-objects to inherit the permission. However when I log in as one of the user under the user group, I can still see the Notification tab and can still know who receive what notification. We need to hide this information to certain users.

Do I need to restart any services etc for the changes to take effect?

Thanks

Created on Oct 17, 2016 8:16:35 AM

Votes:

No need for a restart. I'll check it out later and let you know what I found out.

Created on Oct 17, 2016 8:28:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Tried going to Setup->Notification->Edit [Notification group]->Access Rights and change the Rights to None. When log in as the user in the group on the Ajax web, I still can see the Notification Tab and browse to it. I cannot change anything though. Bug? Or permission issue? Any idea?

Thanks

Created on Oct 18, 2016 2:32:40 AM

Votes:

As mentioned, I'll go through this - once I have results, I'll be in touch - as of right now, we're somewhat short staffed and I have to find a timeslot for testing this properly :)

Created on Oct 18, 2016 6:40:20 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was mistaken - you can't hide the tab without some custom javascript code unfortunately :( Can't support that.

Created on Oct 20, 2016 1:31:52 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.