What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Various Channel Traffic

Votes:

I have read a few posts on here about the various channel in a netflow sensor. I have been working on this a couple of days and I have included the standard channels and the list that another poster had compiled which appeared to be pretty comprehensive. I gave it a day to bake so to speak and I am still seeing a huge amount of traffic hit that various channel. My question is how to see what traffic is is being sent to it in order to create custom channels to spread that out. If the various traffic was very low on the list, I probably wouldn't even worry about it. However, it is like the second entry on my toplist for protocols. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

channel various various-traffic

Created on Oct 20, 2016 2:08:55 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. To see the details of the traffic categorized as 'Various', you could enable the "Log Stream Data to Disk"-Feature ("Only for the 'Other' channel)"in the Settings of the sensor, and then check the CSV-File.

best regards.

Created on Oct 21, 2016 10:39:02 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.