What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

external url

Votes:

Hello, i'm using PRTG to monitor my network and devices. I want to know how can i redirect a device for an external web page browser. for exemple i have many devices; if One of device has a problem i will able to click on the device and see the device location. I have an external url which show the location of my device. how can i integrate this url to my map or device Thks

monitor network prtg

Created on Oct 25, 2016 2:47:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear lemac2,

Thank you for your support request.

We have to differentiate your request to the following possibilities.
PRTG offers to:

• configure a location with PRTG's Geo Maps (useful for several remote branches).
  • configure device comments for plain text information (useful for information like room numbers etc.). Comments can be added on the Comments-button in the upper button-line, next to Log, Settings and Notifications.
  • external redirection to a configured Service URL of a device. If you configure the Service URL you will be able to access the device's web interface through the context menu of a device (right click) | Device Tools | Go To Service URL....

If you got any particular questions, I will be happy to help.

Best,
Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 26, 2016 10:46:04 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 26, 2016 10:47:36 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i found this old answer via google...

is this still the only possibilities in 2019? as the monitoring might be the central entry-point on incidents, i'd prefer to link from the device directly to its documentation, log-aggregator, .... if we have at least some advanced possiblities at that comments textarea (tinymce) i could create links and stuff there. as far as i understand when entering urls in the comments and we add this placeholder to the email, my client renders the url as link, which would make me faster in gathering the informations...

thanx and best regards

Created on Oct 24, 2019 11:49:03 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately, these are still the only possibilities.

Created on Oct 24, 2019 1:25:00 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 24, 2019 1:25:44 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.