What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Graph title shows 2 lines...

Votes:

Graph title shows 2 lines, wasted space, I only want the sensor name in it!

Also, i would like to add a horizontal time label (with less values) instead of vertical labels.

I have created a new mapobject and the only thing that seems to be changed is the fontsize and showlegend. All things i change in graphstylefile="graphstyling.htm" datastylefile="graphdatastyling.htm" animationstylingfile="graphanimationstyling.htm" do not work.

graphs labels map-objects

Created on Oct 25, 2016 7:24:40 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear Olson

The graph itself is generated by the web server and does not allow this kind of configuration. While some parts can be adjusted with modifying the according CSS, we provide no documentation for this, nor any technical support, I am sorry.

The standard graph is supposed to show both the sensor name and probe-group-device name. There is a map object which shows a graph without any labels, but there is no further graph label customization available.

Created on Oct 25, 2016 9:06:33 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

A graph without labels is not what i want. There must be something in between... or at least customizable.

Please add this feature request.

Created on Oct 26, 2016 11:31:52 AM

Votes:

Dear Olson

Many parts of the graphing engine are not customizable. We continue to improve the map-editor in the future, however fully customizable graph layouts are not on our list. The overall demand is not there yet. As we focus on other features in the foreseeable future, please don't expect that we implement a custom graph label.

Created on Oct 27, 2016 12:43:50 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to see the same customization. We have a map with several graph, but the labels need to be editable in order to generate the view we like. For example a graph without the default title, but with axis information and with custom HTML to define a title. Please add this feature request.

Created on Mar 2, 2017 11:20:16 AM

Votes:

Dear It Dpt

We are still collecting ideas how we can improve graphs in the future and thank everyone who takes his time to let us know his suggestions. That does not mean every suggestion will be implemented, as our overarching goal is to keep PRTG simple to use, sometimes even if it means that it comes at the expense of customization.

Created on Mar 2, 2017 11:53:25 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

@it dpt, can do something like this:

create new object; and add the title in your graph as tag in the Before html option

<!--Graphs: _object with no title-->

<div class="map_object map_graph" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">"> <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>"> <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>"> <#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">

<#object graphtitle="@@notitle@@" forcepng="true" type="graph" id="<@objectid>" graphid="0" width="<@width>" height="<@height>" graphstylefile="graphstyling.htm" datastylefile="graphdatastyling.htm" animationstylingfile="graphanimationstyling.htm" tooltexts="1" graphstyling="baseFontSize='10'%20showLegend='0'" datastyling="anchorRadius='1'%20lineThickness='1'" >

<#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>"> </div>

Created on Mar 2, 2017 1:40:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.