What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Dell Switch temperature possible?

Votes:

Hi,

I cant find a sensor that will allow me to monitor the core temperatures of Dell switches. Is there perhaps one available?

Thanks and regards

#dell #switch #temp

Created on Oct 27, 2016 8:08:58 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
thank you for your KB-Post.

There are no built-in sensors for this I'm afraid. As apparently different switch families from dell have completely distinct/different MIB's and OID's, this makes creating a standard sensor unlikely. Please note that while there's no built-in sensor this does not mean that you can't monitor your switch's temperature with PRTG. Please check the following:

I was also able to locate this information on Dell's techcenter, the actual OID's will vary according to the switch model that you own:

You can confirm the availability of these OID's performing partial walks with our SNMP tester and deploy custom SNMP Sensors afterwards.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 27, 2016 1:08:51 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.