What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mini probe vs remote probe ports

Votes:

Hello,

I am evaluating the mini probe solution. I have a site with a raspbian Mini probe installed following the procédure with the Python version. The miniprobe is working fine in local but not at the remote site. My today understanding about remote ports are: -> for a remote probe: port is 23560 -> for a mini probe: I have configure the use of "Allow Mini Probes to connect to an extra port" with the 8090. I have opened those 2 ports on the router to the PRTG server.

Any clue about what I am missing to get tle mini probe to work remotly?

Regards, JP

mini-probe port python

Created on Oct 27, 2016 2:54:14 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello jpmoreau,

please open a support ticket for this issue including a support bundle and a screenshot from "Setup >> System Administration >> Core & Probes", because we have to check if the mini probe is trying to connect to the Core Server so far.

This can be done by clicking on "Contact Support" in the lower right corner of your Web GUI.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Oct 28, 2016 12:05:51 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.