What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow result on a week

Votes:

Dears, I use netflow to monitor my network. And I want to report about top talker and top connection. By default the result is resume of toptalker on each 15 minutes. How can I have the result of 1 day or 1 week? Thank you very much!

netflow-v9 prtg16 top-connections toptalkers

Created on Oct 28, 2016 7:36:20 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can change the setting "Period (Minutes)" under Channel settings, but the maximum you can set it to is 1440 (one day).

Created on Oct 28, 2016 12:48:05 PM

Votes:

Hello doquocuy285,

Actually, it is not possible to generate details reports of NetFlow-Sensors with customized time intervals. This is still on the wishlist, as there haven't been further requests to it. I've counted yours, it's still not scheduled for a certain future version. Please bear with us.

If you edit the default settings as suggested by Robert Poljak, please be aware because this will cause higher utilization on your system. If you encounter any performance issues, please roll back to the original settings.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Oct 28, 2016 1:22:02 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Dears, By default, PRTG monitor and display all data pass an interface. But I want to display traffic of certain ranges IP ( such as: traffic of only ranges 210.211.0.0/16, 115.110.0.0/16). Can PRTG do that? Thank you very much.

Created on Nov 4, 2016 8:04:22 AM

Votes:

Putting in a request for it.

Need specific time intervals longer 24 hours ago as well as reporting features.

Thank you,

Created on Nov 4, 2016 8:02:27 PM

Votes:

Hello doquocuy285,

you can filter for specific IP ranges in the sensor settings as you can see in the picture below. https://media.paessler.com/kb/2016/netFlow_filter.png

For details, please refer to: NetFlow Filter Rules

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 7, 2016 8:49:11 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 7, 2016 8:53:25 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.