What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where to put files belonging to a Custom Object

Votes:

Hi!

I created a custom object for a PRTG-Map. It does need some js, png, and swf files. Where to put these? I already tried a new folder below /public/ - but it seems like the webserver does not allow subfolders there - also it delivers only specific file types (it looks to me like for example htm files get delivered, but html aswell as swf etc. not).

Thanks for any advice! Rolf

maps prtg webserver

Created on Oct 28, 2016 9:37:10 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Rolf,

Try putting it into /webroot/public/mapobjects as htm and place the files additionally needed files also there. Inside the htm make sure to have the links point to the correct location. Since those links should be "relative", it should work when just pointing to the filename and it will look for it inside the same folder.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 28, 2016 12:19:55 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard

thanks for the answer!

Hmmm.... The Custom Map Objects belong to /webroot/mapobjects? not /webroot/public/mapobjects? This folder has no function for me... And if I put the additional files directly to /webroot/mapobjects they also don't get served by the webserver... Neither by http://IP/myCustomFile.swf nor http://IP/webobjects/myCustomFile.swf

Is there any configuration for the webserver that defines what filetypes are getting processed by the webserver? Or if directories are allowed somewhere like in /webroot/public/?

Regards Rolf

Created on Oct 28, 2016 10:22:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Rolf,

/webroot/mapobjects should be fine. Try creating a htm-file as "wrapper" that holds links to the files you require.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 31, 2016 11:23:19 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.