What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connect AEG-USV SNMP Adapter to PRTG

Votes:

Hi,

we get a new SNMP-Adapter(CS121) in our AEG-USV Protect 3.33. Now is the question how can i import the information from this SNMP-Adapter to PRTG?

Did anyone try this before? Are there any code to use?

aeg aeg-usv cs121 prtg snmp snmp-adapter usv

Created on Nov 2, 2016 8:50:52 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Max-bfm,

Thank you for your question.

I assume you are referring to the GENEREX USV-Adapter CS121

If this is correct, please download the related MIB-File RFC1628cs121.MIB and use our MIB-Importer to generate an OIDlib-file which should be saved under C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs.

Once you have done this, you can monitor the target with the "SNMP Library Sensor"

Here's a KB-article that describes the setup of "SNMP Library Sensors" and there's also a video that shows how to.

Please let us know, if you have any further questions.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 2, 2016 11:54:03 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 2, 2016 12:00:43 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Sven,

thanks for your answer. I solve my problem with a PRTG "snmpcustomsensor" an the OID.

It works with: OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.2.3 - Remaining Minutes OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.2.4.0 - Battery Capacity

Best regards, Max

Created on Nov 2, 2016 12:09:24 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.