What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Upgrade fails

Votes:

I attempted to update our prtg install with the latest update. I spun for 2 hours before I stopped it. I got into the system and could not recover anything. I ran the update directly on the machine. Still no joy.

By the third day I said stuff it and removed all traces of prtg from the system, rebooted, and attempted to do a fresh install. The Core service will not run. I am at a loss and I have no recovery files. Why would a completely fresh installation fail?

fresh install notifications prtg

Created on Nov 4, 2016 6:36:10 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Randy Joslin,

Please forward us a Support Bundle including the system log files for analysis. Please open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and send us the Log Files from the tab card "Logs and Infos" using the Ticket No PAE780125.

We will handle your case in that ticket instead of here in the KB.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 7, 2016 1:36:24 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

The secure ftp connection to Paessler fails. What ip address/ports do I need to open?

Created on Nov 9, 2016 12:42:08 PM

Votes:

Hello Randy Joslin,

please have a look at your mail-inbox, because I already wrote you an email. All related information for the FTP-upload are written in this mail.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 9, 2016 12:54:51 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Do you mean these instructions:

Please forward us a Support Bundle including the system log files for analysis. Please open the “PRTG Administration Tool” and send us the Log Files from the tab card “Logs and Infos” using the Ticket No PAE780125.

The transmission fails.

Created on Nov 9, 2016 12:57:22 PM

Votes:

Hello Randy Joslin,

No. I wrote you an email to your email-address "rjoslin@first#####.com" today at 12:38:14 (UTC +01:00). Please check your email-inbox.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 9, 2016 1:07:57 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 9, 2016 1:08:26 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.