What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor VMs via vCenter?

Votes:

Hello, I am running a trial version of PRTG on my NAS, which runs Windows Storage Server2012 (Seagate). As such it works great in conjunction with my little ESX-farm: 2 ESX HyperVisors, connected to said NAS, on which all VMs are stored (iSCSI LUNs). vMotion is working great via a dedicated VM running vCenter.

However I seem unable to use VMWare virtual machine (SOAP) monitors. I suspected the lack of .NET 4 to be the cause, but it seems that this is included in the NAS-OS. Also, when I download it from Microsoft, I cannot install it due to the fact that the installer exists with "Already included in the OS". Same applies to the .NET 4.5 installer.

What else can I check to get this working? Thanks, Jaap.

esxi soap vcenter

Created on Nov 15, 2016 12:27:09 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Which exact errors do you get from the VMware virtual machine (SOAP) sensor ? Please send some screenshots showing the exact error messages from the "Overview"-Tab to "[email protected]".

Please refer to this kB-article.

Created on Nov 17, 2016 11:27:16 AM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.