What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I monitor Xen server?

Votes:

we have several xen server machines in our network. Is it possible to read information from the cpu, hd, memory the xenserver uses?

prtg snmp virtual-machines xenserver

Created on Jul 26, 2010 11:43:28 AM

Last change on Jul 26, 2010 3:05:50 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Sven,

monitoring XEN-Systems is not available in PRTG Network Monitor 7.

However, for PRTG 8 a XEN-Sensor is planned, please have a look at the beta-page: https://www.paessler.com/prtg8beta (Please also feel free to give the beta a test-drive!).

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 26, 2010 2:18:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I hope you take into account the suggestions I made once for Xen monitoring and those are implemented in version 8. Currently using SNMP inside machines is not a very good solution. The XEN monitoring should be directly from the Node using Xen API to gather reports. A user can just disable SNMP inside a machine and you will have no reports.

Created on Aug 28, 2010 7:28:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.