What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Website authentication sensor issue

Votes:

Hello

I have a website that I want to monitor the login process, to see if authentication is unsuccessful. However I am unsure of how to get this working.

I have selected an advanced HTTP sensor, but do I need to tell PRTG where the login fields are on the page? If so, how do I go about doing this?

There aren't any guides that I can find, so if anyone knows of any for this request that would be highly appreciated

Thank you

http-push http-sensor prtg

Created on Nov 28, 2016 12:46:31 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello vincesainsbury,

Please note that PRTGs internal authentication only supports NTLM- or .htaccess-authentications. Please refer to this KB-article for more details.

If you want to use another authentication method, you might have a look onto the EXE/Script Sensor or EXE/Script Advanced Sensor. Using one of them you could write a script which does the authentication-check and returns the result to PRTG.

Best regards, Sven

Created on Nov 28, 2016 1:05:55 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 29, 2016 11:48:00 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

So the task that I have been challenged with is this -

I am trying to setup a web journey to ensure a user can log into a website. We need PRTG to ensure we can submit credentials, and also the dashboard loads after the login page is displayed.

Is this something that can be achieved in PRTG?

Thanks Vince

Created on Nov 28, 2016 1:15:12 PM

Votes:

Hey Vince,

I´m sorry, I´ve linked the wrong page.

Please review this KB-Article.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Nov 29, 2016 11:49:43 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.