What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Enterprise console keeps disconnecting

Votes:

Hi guys,

For some random reason, my console keeps disconnecting from the probe machine. Every time it refreshes, console disconnect. However, if I refresh again it seems to reconnect with same credentials. Also, I see (XML parser mismatch:Wanted,got) error at times. (I'm running console on the same probe machine)

I only get about 5-10 seconds between each connection and reconnections. Any idea what could be causing this? I checked probe logs, but nothing unusual that I can see.

Thank you.

enterprise-console probe prtg

Created on Nov 29, 2016 3:54:19 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Which exact error message do you receive when the console disconnects? Is there any chance that you are on an administrative page while the reconnect appears? Does it also appear if you open PRTG via the web interface?

Please forward a screenshot of the XML Parser Mismatch error message the next time the error occurs, we will then see what's causing the issue.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 29, 2016 12:54:25 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, Sorry for the delay in posting results. I even tried updating to latest stable version. However no luck. Now I'm getting an error "Not connected - junk after document element".

Screenshots Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Created on Dec 6, 2016 3:57:32 AM

Votes:

Hi,

This might be caused by another webserver running on this machine which returns a wrong XML file. Please check the settings of the webserver via the PRTG Administrator Tool and try to connect to the webserver by using a web browser.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 6, 2016 6:02:42 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, all settings looks ok. I can connect via web browser, but all I see is only menus. Nothing seems to load properly. Is there a way to backup my current sensor configuration and reinstall PRTG?

Cheers.

Created on Dec 6, 2016 9:41:17 PM

Votes:

Hello alchinlong,

You can follow this article to migrate PRTG to a new machine. Before you start to setup a new machine, I recommend to disable all anti-virus software on this machine and to install the exact same version on top of the existing installation again. The installation file ist stored in the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\prtg-installer-for-distribution

Cheers, Felix

Created on Dec 7, 2016 9:49:43 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, I tried but nothing works so far. Even re-installed and copied back old data. Now I'm getting below error.

8/12/2016 3:01:52 PM Get status 3(httpprotocolexception): http://127.0.0.1:80/api/table.xml: Not Connected (IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not FoundServer Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE"Internet Information Services 7.5Error SummaryH

Any idea?

Thank you.

Created on Dec 8, 2016 4:03:54 AM

Votes:

Hello Alchinlong,

This error message indicates, that an IIS server is listening on the http://127.0.0.1:80 address. Please check the web server setting via the Administrator Tool and see which port is used. If you cannot determine the correct IP / Port configuration, I'd require the log files of your installation. These can be forwarded via the Administrator Tool below the "Logs and Info" tab.

Please refer to this Knowledge Base article in the name field.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 8, 2016 8:45:24 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.