What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Linux Meminfo

Votes:

Hello,

I am starting with PRTG and have a few questions regarding Mac OS X.

I would like to monitor memory total memory usage and memory usage by the process if that is possible. I enabled SNMP and SSH on Mac OS X 10.10.5

SNMP Linux Meminfo sensor shows error: "0 % (Swap Free Percent) is below the error limit of 10 % in Swap Free Percent - 0 % (Physical Free Percent) is below the error limit of 10 % in Physical Free Percent - 0 % (Total Free Percent) is below the error limit of 10 % in Total Free Percent"

Only Available Memory shows correct measurement.

What should I do to correct this? Also is there a way to get a list of processes and their memory usage?

Thank you.

mac memory prtg snmp ssh

Created on Dec 1, 2016 1:04:49 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm afraid that there's no native sensor to poll the memory usage per process on MacOS / Linux, the Windows-only "Windows Process" sensor uses WMI, which is Microsoft-specific.

Which exact sensor are you using for memory? The sensor's name can be spotted in the sensor's overview.

Best Regards,

Created on Dec 2, 2016 11:56:36 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I see... Would there be a script that can do this kind of thing? For memory overview I am using SNMP Linux Meminfo since I saw that SSH isn't supported on the Mac OS X.

Created on Dec 2, 2016 5:45:10 PM

Votes:

You might want to try the SNMP Memory Sensor which is "vendor neutral" since it polls the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB. If you're unable to use SSH you won't be able to use scripts I'm afraid.

Best Regards,

Created on Dec 5, 2016 1:10:58 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.