What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom EXE Sensor installation

Votes:

I have added my custom EXE to %Programfiles%\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE as stated in the documentation on adding an EXE sensor. The problem I'm having is that when I go to add the sensor to the parent device I'm not seeing the EXE in the drop down with the demo sensors.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a step I'm missing?

custom-script-exe exe exe-script-sensor

Created on Dec 1, 2016 3:33:15 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume that you just added the EXE sensor on the PRTG Core Server but not to the remote probe where you want to add the sensor. So please add your script to every remote probe (same directory) you would like to use the sensor on.

Created on Dec 1, 2016 8:48:57 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah ok I will try that thank you!

Created on Dec 1, 2016 8:50:23 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

No problem, thats why we are here. :)

Another reason could be, that you try to add the "EXE/Script Advanced Sensor" instead of just the "EXE/Script Sensor".

Created on Dec 1, 2016 9:14:03 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was adding it to a probe and not the core as you suggested. It was merely an absence of looking to the right IP for the core server. Once it was added to the core the option showed in the list. I appreciate your support! The new sensor is doing exactly what we needed it to do!

Created on Dec 2, 2016 3:43:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.