What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Custom Advanced "Uptime"

Votes:

I like to add uptime to a SNMP Custom Advanced (System health sensor for a Cisco Router)

OID1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0

the value that is 1/100 of seconds

• How can i make it like the current standard PRTG sensor? So that i can see uptime in days hours or minutes instead of a long value and set lower warning limit in seconds

Found this post:

Don't know where to apply it in PRTG SNMP Custom Advanced sensor

retrieved_value / (100 (seconds) * 60 (minutes) * 60 (hours) * 24 (days))

oid snmp-custom-sensor uptime

Created on Dec 2, 2016 12:57:49 PM

Last change on Dec 2, 2016 2:38:55 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

You may want to use the standard sensor since it does all the calculation internally. When working with the SNMP Custom Advanced sensor, you need to set the Unit to Custom, then you'll be able to enter a division factor in the channel's settings afterwards. For instance dividing by 100 will give you the value in seconds, dividing it by 6000 will give the value in minutes. You won't be able to get a value in the "pretty" format of the standard sensor (like 2 d 18 h 45 m because this is only possible with units that are supported by PRTG natively. Timeticks aren't.)

Alternatively, since you've mentioned that you're using a Cisco device, you may be able to deploy a sensor which polls the snmpEngineTime(1.3.6.1.6.3.10.2.1.3.0), this will give you a reading in seconds. In this case, set the unit in the settings of the sensor to TimeSeconds.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 5, 2016 7:58:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.