What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP-API: Bandwith of HTTP-API

Votes:

Hello guys,

can I update channels of SNMP-Traffic-Sensors over the HTTP-API? I wan't update the bandwith for my snmp traffic sensors.

Thanks,

Marco

api http snmp-traffic

Created on Dec 7, 2016 8:41:34 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Marco,

You can use the following API-Calls to change the vertical scaling of one channel of one sensor, so for four channels you will have to run these queries four times.

set axis-mode to manual

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismode&value=1

Set axis max to 80 Mbit (unit in the url is byte)

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismax&value=10000000

Set axis min 80 Mbit (unit in the url is byte)

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismin&value=1000000

Created on Dec 7, 2016 12:18:01 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please elaborate more detailed what information of the channels you want to update as it is not quite clear what information you are referring to. :)

Created on Dec 7, 2016 8:52:03 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to change all channels of a snmp-traffic-sensor and set the scaling of the vertical axis over the HTTP API.

Created on Dec 7, 2016 8:58:36 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Marco,

You can use the following API-Calls to change the vertical scaling of one channel of one sensor, so for four channels you will have to run these queries four times.

set axis-mode to manual

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismode&value=1

Set axis max to 80 Mbit (unit in the url is byte)

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismax&value=10000000

Set axis min 80 Mbit (unit in the url is byte)

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=<SENSORID>&subid=<CHANNELID>&subtype=channel&name=axismin&value=1000000

Created on Dec 7, 2016 12:18:01 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Wow! Thanks a lot!! Is the a documentation where I can read all possible API-Calls? In the online mannual i didn't find this API-Call...

Created on Dec 7, 2016 2:48:06 PM

Votes:

Hi Marco,

You can look at the API documentation within your PRTG Installation for additional calls:

/api.htm?tabid=1.

Created on Dec 7, 2016 3:11:22 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks a lot, but in the documentation under /api.htm?tabid=1 i can't find any informations about change the vertical scaling of one channel of one sensor.

Created on Dec 16, 2016 3:02:15 PM

Votes:

Hi,

You can see the full documentation by clicking through the different taps, Object Manipulation is documented under "/api.htm?tabid=6".

Created on Dec 16, 2016 3:32:49 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.