What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco 3650 Flexible Netflow - Sensor has not recieved data

Votes:

I have the following configuration on a Cisco WS-C3650-48PD switch which appears to support flexible netflow v9 - configuration listed below. The statistics below shows packets successfully being sent to PRTG server but "Records added" in this output remains at 0 and the PRTG web portal continues to display "This sensor has not received any data since startup."

When I stop PRTG services and run NetFlow 9 Tester the "NF9 Packets received (ScrIP)" and "Template received (ID)" fields contain the correct data but the "Decoded Flows" field is empty.

I have installed PRTG on Windows 2012, 7 and 10 with the same results. I will try to attach or provide link to screenshot of NetFlow 9 Tester.

Any suggestions? Is it possible the service policy on the interface is preventing data from being in the packets?

CONFIGURATION flow record record1 match ipv4 protocol match ipv4 source address match ipv4 destination address match transport source-port match transport destination-port collect counter bytes long collect counter packets long collect timestamp absolute first collect timestamp absolute last ! ! flow exporter export1 destination 10.140.50.241 source TenGigabitEthernet1/1/4 transport udp 2055 template data timeout 300 ! ! flow monitor monitor1 exporter export1 cache timeout active 600 record record1

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/4 description SB04A-INT-01-DSW-01-1/5/3 no switchport ip flow monitor monitor1 input ip flow monitor monitor1 output no ip address channel-group 1 mode desirable service-policy output Output-Policy

STATISTICS TT02A-INT-01-ASW-01#show flow exporter export1 statistics Flow Exporter export1: Packet send statistics (last cleared 05:22:19 ago): Successfully sent: 50 (5300 bytes)

Client send statistics: Client: Flow Monitor monitor1 Records added: 0 Bytes added: 5300 - sent: 5300

3650 cisco flexible-netflow sensor

Created on Dec 9, 2016 5:05:59 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Slkhawk98,

I'm afraid that flexible Netflow isn't supported by PRTG. The flow sensors will not be able to decode the incoming flows due to the additional fields compared to Netflow v9, sorry.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 12, 2016 1:50:34 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.