What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CAn I achieve this?

Votes:

Greetings all,

despite being new to PRTG but I came across custom sensors by using MIBs and MIB converter, i made it known to my Boss, he said he tried the MIB stuff on a storage system and it disconnected the Storage sytems from the Network and a couple of other challenges. Pls., how do I go about custom Sensor for quantum i500 Tape Library and Infortrend Storage Systems? And will the custom sensor be able to capture The Virtual Disk, Physical Disk iops, temp, available disk space, LUNs, Replication Counts, Backup Process, Storage Processors, Memories e.t.c

backup-monitoring luns tape-library-

Created on Dec 10, 2016 9:13:13 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Frank,

SNMP requests shouldn't have a huge impact on the target device and shouldn't cause disconnects. The easiest way to monitor the Tape Library and the Infortrend Storage system might indeed be monitoring via SNMP. This will depend on the SNMP implementation of the manufacturers and the MIB files.

You can follow this detailed guide to convert the MIB file and to add SNMP Library Sensors to PRTG.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 12, 2016 6:05:48 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.