What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sniffer sensor on remote prob

Votes:

Hello,

I just installed a remote probe. I did successfully connected the remote probe to the core probe. Now when I'm trying to add a sniffer sensor on the remote probe it seems that PRTG cannot see available network card to monitor from.

Before the remote probe server was the core and we used to use the sniffer sensor on several NICs.

Anyone may known on a known issue or how can I fix it?

Thanks,

packet-sniffer prtg-network-monitor remote-probe sniffer

Created on Dec 14, 2016 1:22:21 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear shayz,

Thank you for your knowledge base post.

Please restart either the Probe Service on the Remote Probe or the whole machine running the Remote Probe and try to add the sensor again. After the restart you should be able to see the network card.

For any further questions or issues, I am glad to help.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 15, 2016 1:42:24 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks.

Server restart fixed the problem.

Regards,

Shay

Created on Dec 15, 2016 3:01:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.