What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CPU load - average

Votes:

Hi all

I am currently trialing PRTG and this question could relate to majority of sensors not just CPU.

Is there a way to have an "average" column to show the average CPU load, rather than minimum and maximum?

I use the example of CPU load as the maximum column is showing as high as 104,703% for majority of processors, any ideas on that?

As a side note I was hoping to have a 30 day extension to my license due to the fact I haven't actually used it as much as I had previously hoped due to other work that has cropped up, any ideas how I would go about requesting that?

Many thanks

average cpu-load prtg

Created on Dec 14, 2016 3:05:47 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Chris

The trial phase is usually 30 days. Please contact [email protected].

The CPU sensor shows the values reported by the device. To filter out false readings, please use the spike filter.

If you create a historic data report, the average value for the time span is provided in the summary table. There is no average data channel, though.

Created on Dec 15, 2016 12:50:17 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne

Thanks for replying, I have managed to set a maximum of 100% on the CPU's.

Another issue I just noticed the CPU Load shows 11 processors however there is only 10 assigned to the virtual machine. the 11 CPU is currently showing 0% (probably because it doesn't exist), can I remove this? If so do you know how?

Many thanks

Created on Dec 16, 2016 9:28:56 AM

Votes:

Dear Chris

This is another issue by the query, sometimes the computer reports an additional CPU core. You cannot really delete that channel, so you now get a channel with no data (which is converted to zero values.)

You can hide channels: Open the channel configuration and select "Hide from Tables", and "Hide from Graphs". The channel is still listed on the sensor overview page, but otherwise invisible now.

Created on Dec 16, 2016 9:54:13 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.