What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Determine OID for existing SNMP sensor

Votes:

How do I determine the OID corresponding to an existing SNMP sensor?

oid sensor snmp

Created on Dec 14, 2016 8:11:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,
we appreciate your contact.

What sensor are you referring to? If you've deployed an "SNMP Custom" sensor, you'll be able to see the currently polled OID within the sensor's settings.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 15, 2016 12:31:16 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I'm looking for info about the built-in sensors, such as SNMP System Uptime, Memory: Virtual memory, etc. Any SNMP sensor that ships with PRTG.

If I created a custom sensor, of course I'll have the info about it...

Created on Dec 15, 2016 4:52:50 PM

Votes:

Thank you for your reply.

This information is not available/disclosed I'm afraid. It's hard-coded in the sensor's and there's no way to look it up. What I can tell you is that most of this information is polled from the IF-MIB, UCD-SNMP-MIB and HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, which are "standard".

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 16, 2016 7:20:46 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Dec 16, 2016 7:20:53 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.