What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Watchguard system statistics MIB/sensor not giving correct values

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to get the System Statistics MIB working for Watchguard firewalls. Specifically the OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.3.80.0 which is the OID for current connections within the watchguard firewall.

The sensor is not providing the correct information if we try and match it up with the firewall's dashboard which also tells us the current connections. Many times it sits at a value of 1# but that is definitely not correct.

The MIB file does not seem to indicate if i need to change any of the channel settings or anything either so I am unsure of my next step.

Let me know of any other information i can provide to help troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you!

active-connections current-connections mib prtg system-statistics watchguard

Created on Dec 19, 2016 4:37:56 PM

Last change on Dec 20, 2016 7:57:14 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

• Did you deploy SNMP Custom sensors or an "SNMP Library" sensor?

Please download our latest SNMP Tester, run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a "Walk" against the target device providing the "1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.3" OID (without quotes) as parameter.

• Which results do you get in the Tester? Please share the whole output from the "Results pane" from the SNMP Tester.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 20, 2016 7:59:42 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Dec 20, 2016 7:59:47 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.