What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I allow users to see all device / monitors

Votes:

It's probably really simple ....

Presently with our setup we have two users. The admin one and a read-only user. However I can't find where to configure it so that the user account can see all the monitors, devices, groups, etc that the admin user can.

Even Googling it takes me to random pages that don't answer my query.

ead-only installation monitors users

Created on Dec 21, 2016 11:30:54 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello StuartD,

Thank you for your KB-Post.

After deploying a new user, PRTG will add every user to the user group PRTG Users Group (by default). However, by default the user group PRTG Users Group has no access right for any device group.

Simply right-click the device-group (for instance on root level), choose edit >> access rights and set the rights for PRTG Users Group to READ.

Once you have done this, you should be able to see all devices with your read only user. For details, please refer to this manual page.

Kind regards,
Sven

Created on Dec 22, 2016 11:39:29 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Dec 22, 2016 11:40:27 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the response but I am unable to do as you suggest from the WEB GUI.

I have opened the Enterprise Console (as I am presumming this is where you mean) but there is no device group listed whereby when I right click I get 'access rights' as a sub section. I can't even see anything to do with user groups and can only see teh monitors that have been configured.

For the record, I am logged in as the default admin user.

Created on Jan 3, 2017 11:10:09 AM

Votes:

Apologies. Please igore my last response as I have found but there didn't apepar to be any option to set read.

First I had to untick "inherit from root" and then I was able to set my rights of choice to the user group. This I've now set to read and i can see all the monitors when logged in as that user.

Thank you.

Created on Jan 3, 2017 11:19:13 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.