What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I update PRTG to a newer 7.3.x version?

Votes:

Dear Sir/Madam

Currently i am running a PRTG Network Monitor version 7.3.3.5634 with license. Can I upgrade to version 7.3.5.5801?

What step I need to do? Direct download the exe file and run on top or need to uninstall first then only install the new version? Will the configuration be overwritten?

Thanks

installation prtg update updating version

Created on Jul 27, 2010 9:05:16 AM

Last change on Jul 27, 2010 9:15:32 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Updating PRTG

Note: You need an active maintenance to obtain the latest version of PRTG. To prolong your maintenance contract, please contact [email protected].

In order to update PRTG to the latest version, please follow these steps:

• Log into you Paessler customer account at https://service.paessler.com/en/login
  • Download the latest version of PRTG
  • Install the latest version "over" the old version. There is no need to uninstall the old version.
  • Your configuration and monitoring data will be kept.

Of course, we always recommend you always have a proper backup of all of your data at any time.

Created on Jul 27, 2010 9:13:07 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jul 27, 2010 9:14:53 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.