What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Map: Device Tree with special Identification?

Votes:

Hello and a happy new year,

we have a device tree in the PRTG which is designed in such a way that devices were created in subfolders for which two SNMP sensors were set up.

One sensor is labeled "Data", the other one is labeled "Voice".

Is it possible to build a custum map in which a device tree is displayed which only displays the "data" sensors?

Thank you for your support!

Marco Heinrich

custom-map identification snmp

Created on Jan 4, 2017 8:05:34 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Marco Heinrich

A map can have tag filters (available via the "Settings" tab) however only some objects get filters, like sensor tables. Also, a tag filter always applies to the whole map. The tree (or tree branches) cannot be filtered. (The web interface's device page allows to grey out objects which are not having a particular tag, but they are still shown.)

Created on Jan 5, 2017 4:52:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Arne,

Pity! If I create my own library, I can set a filter so that only determined labeled sensors are displayed. Unfortunately, the sensors are not displayed in the tree structure, all sensors are created next to each other.

Is there a way to solve the problem described above via a library?

Marco

Created on Jan 6, 2017 7:37:55 AM

Votes:

Dear Marco Heinrich

Libraries are not supported in maps. We plan to introduce it at some point in the future, but there is no release date, or ETA yet.

Created on Jan 6, 2017 2:09:16 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If in the future the library is supported in the PRTG map, it would be great to keep the branch structure when using a filter.

Nevertheless, thank you for your quick answer to my question!

nice weekend!

Marco

Created on Jan 6, 2017 2:17:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.