What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Alertmail after Maintenancewindow

Votes:

I have a little confusing problem with PRTG:

Initial situation: a group in PRTG for a remoteoffice with a probe for this network. Some Sensors in this group are in an alarmstate, i pause the whole group because of some maintenance (e. g. Internet down in this network). After the Group is online again, i get for every Sensor in an alarmstate a new Notificationmail.

I dont want to get this new mail after a maintenancewindow, i only want one mail when the alarm appears the first time.

The Notification is configured as followes:

• Wenn der Sensor für mindestens 600 Sekunden im Zustand Fehler ist, führe E-Mail und Push-Benachrichtigung an Administrator aus
  • Wenn der Sensor für mindestens 300 Sekunden im Zustand Fehler ist, führe keine Benachrichtigung aus und wiederhole dies alle 0 Minuten
  • Wenn die Bedingung nicht mehr zutrifft, nachdem eine Benachrichtigung ausgelöst wurde, führe keine Benachrichtigung aus

Is it possible to set the notification as wanted (only one mail when the alarm appears the first time)?

Regards Michael Fink

email maintenance notifications

Created on Jan 9, 2017 1:36:15 PM

Last change on Jan 9, 2017 2:11:31 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is not possible as the last point "Wenn die Bedingung nicht mehr zutrifft..." is clearing the notification. Means: Alarm -> "Wenn der Sensor für mindestens 600 Sekunden im Zustand Fehler ist.." -> Notification -> Do nothing till clear -> Alarm clears (you pause the Sensor) -> "Wenn die Bedingung nicht mehr zutrifft" -> Resume Sensor -> New Alarm

So every time you pause a sensor which is in alarm state, you clear its alarm and the state trigger begins again after you resume the sensor.

Created on Jan 10, 2017 10:26:00 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.