What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Removing bad data

Votes:

PRTG Version 17.1.28.1032

I received some bad data from a radio sensor. Normally it receives a signal around -43dBm. However, on a particular day PRTG recorded a signal level of +531dBm. This obviously renders all historical graphs useless.

I tried using the spike filter, and it worked. But ONLY on the insert graphs displayed on the Overview page. If I want to display an individual graph either by selecting the graph on the Overview page or going to the particular interval page then the scale reverts to include the erroneous +531dBm.

The spike filter is not working on the individual graphs, only graphs displayed on the Overview page.

Is there a fix for this?

filter graphs spikes

Created on Jan 20, 2017 1:45:03 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume that the graphs are not recalculated. Sometimes it needs some time till the spike filter is applied to them. But to push this task manually, navigate to "Setup > System Administration > Administrative Tools" and click on the "Go!" button under "Recalculate PRTG Graph Data Cache".

Best regards.

Created on Jan 20, 2017 8:02:03 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 20, 2017 8:02:24 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, worked a treat.

The pop-up balloon stated that applying the spike filter might take a few minutes to take affect. I was very patient but it had not taken affect after a few hours. I then restarted the core server and still the spike filter had not taken affect.

Thanks for your quick and accurate response, much appreciated

Created on Jan 20, 2017 10:51:23 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.