What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI (PE016) CPU Load and PageFile usage sensors.

Votes:

Hi. I am currently implementing prtg to monitor my server farm for WMI. With the Local server (Server where PRTG is installed) everything works fine. However, with the other servers give me problems two Sensors in specific :.

CPU Load: WMI: No result set (code: PE016) - PerfCounter: Unable to access the desired computer or service. Check the permissions and authentication of the log service or the interactive user session against those on the computer or service being monitored. (Performance counter error # 0xC0000BDB)

PageFile Usage WMI: No result set (code: PE016) - PerfCounter: Unable to connect to the specified computer, or the computer is offline. (Performance counter error # 0x800007D0)

I followed the following link to configure WMI remote access to my servers: Https:msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa393266(v=VS.85).aspx

Can anyone guide me in the configurations or permissions that I must enable for these sensors to work correctly?

cpu-load pagefile-usage wmi-sensors

Created on Jan 20, 2017 2:30:45 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Are you using a Domain Admin Account here? Also, are all machines members of the same domain?

best regards.

Created on Jan 23, 2017 9:32:49 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your reply.

All the servers are inside workgroup. There is no domain configured.

Atte.

Created on Jan 23, 2017 3:10:23 PM

Votes:

If the target machine(s) and the PRTG Host machine are not within a domain, things get very tricky. You can try the tips in the following KB-Guide: How can I monitor WMI sensors if the target machine is not part of a domain?

If those do not help, the final resorts may have to be, either using SNMP to monitor those targets, or deploying Remote Probes onto each one, to monitor each one as a Probe itself.

Created on Jan 24, 2017 8:16:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 28, 2019 7:13:55 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.