What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto size/scale map view to fit screen only horizontally or vertically?

Votes:

I'm creating a map with a background image of three floor levels above each other. I would like to display this on a 90 degrees rotated Full HD screen, so my MAP LAYOUT looks like this: Map Width = 1080 Map Height = 1870

So far, so good.

However when show on a normally (non-rotated) screen, this of course leaves a huge white space on the right of the map. Setting it to auto scale to fit browser isn't an option, because it makes the map even smaller, squeezing the vertically 1870pixels into 1080pixels.

Therefore it would be nice to set only the width or height to auto scale. That way I could -in this case- auto fit the width to match the browser, and if I want to see the other floorlevels I only have to scroll down/upwards.

auto-scale auto-size layout map-view maps

Created on Jan 23, 2017 4:20:19 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear 2College ICT,

Thank you for your KB-post.

Actually it is currently not possible to set only the width or height to auto scale. However, this is a very good idea and we will discuss this internally.

Kindly note, that I cannot forecast if or when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,
Sven

Created on Jan 24, 2017 11:26:17 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Sven,

Did the idea make it to the roadmap? If so, any idea of an ETA?

Kind regards, Dimitry

Created on Jun 1, 2018 7:58:25 AM

Votes:

Hi Dimitry,

As far as I can see there are currently no plans for an implementation.
Please note that the auto-scaling does not only scale the map in one direction, it scales the entire map and keeps the width-height ratio. Scaling horizontally or vertically would require PRTG to change the entire appearance of the map as all Objects would not fit into the map when it is only scaled in one direction.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 1, 2018 11:05:40 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.